Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Day of Promise (1 Sep 2007)

My meditation this morning brings me to Proverbs 8:17-21.

In the KJV version, God wrote:
I love them that love me; and those that seek me shall find me. Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteouness. My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgement; That I may cause those who love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasuries.

Wow, God's promises contains so much guarantees ! And you know what ? It's a double promise - durable riches and righteousness. God's promises are with those who walk in righteousness !

It's also a double judgement. And that's why righteousness have to go in parallel with judgement too. However, knowing that we are living in a new convenant of grace, God gives to us righteouness that comes from faith and not by observing law.

What is God speaking to us today? May God reveal to us as we seek Him (early) 'cos He says we will find Him and when we do that ? !

No comments: